Office 365 small business/Outlook 2013 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason foster

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
When Microsoft decided they no longer were going to support custom domain administration in outlook.com, we decided to move to Office 365 small business. The way it was billed, this sounded like it was a full exchange server using exchange protocols. I thought this was great since we were repeatedly having the issue where the OST in Outlook 2013 would be out of sync with the inbox in outlook.com using the EAS protocol. (Outlook.com inbox would have emails that would never show up in Outlook) While Microsoft did have a patch for this and we are using the latest Outlook 2013 version with current patches, we still had the same issue. There are still threads throughout the internet with others still experiencing it at as well.

So..... we moved to Office 365 small business and the configuration states Exchange and not EAS, but we already have had the same mail synchronization issues we had with outlook.com. Since the web interface is actually outlook.com/ourdomain.com, I have a feeling that we are using EAS even though it states Exchange in the configuration.

Fine, I thought to myself, if Microsoft's only resolution is to rebuild the OST or re-create the profile every time this happens (which is too often), let's just use Online Mode since we have a broadband connection that is always on. So I disabled OSTs in the registry, deleted the profile, and re-created it and verified OSTs are not being used. Well, now at least once a day, if not more, I get error messages that it lost connection to the server and have to restart Outlook 2013 to resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Office365 Small business is full exchange. The domain you use for OWA (web access) is outlook.office365.com - if you are still accessing it via outlook.com, that is the old domain - if you used the trial, they are delivering to both locations.

You definitely shouldn't be having problems syncing with the exchange account. Is there anything special about the messages that aren't syncing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N How to install BCM for Outlook 2013 in Office 365 Small Business Premium BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
C Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Outlook 2
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 - Zoom Using Outlook 0
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
klpconsulting Programmatic Access Office 365 Pro Plus & RDS Using Outlook 1
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Ideas for Setup with New Office 365 Family Subscription (Outlook) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
T I'm thinking about moving from outlook.com to the Outlook I have in my Office 365 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook Office 365 Win 10 how do I control background colors of events? Using Outlook 1
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
O Office 365 Outlook - mark to download Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 using POP3 on both laptop and desktop Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Office 365 cloud based rules Using Outlook 1
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7
Horsepower Office Outlook 365 home opens slower than a month ago Using Outlook 8
J Office 365 - Online Repair vs. Uninstall Reinstall Using Outlook 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
H Custom autoforwarding, sending mail through outlook office 365 Using Outlook 1
B Search function in Office 365 has stopped working Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Office 365 cached mode crashing Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Office 365 Home Premium with Exchange Online email accounts Using Outlook 3
mrje1 Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, what is the Office 365 option etc., and Crashes Using Outlook 0
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Direct Connect to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky New in Office 365 and Outlook.com: Interesting Calendars Using Outlook 0