Two Outbox's in 2007 but neither send

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have two outboxes in my OL2007. I guess duplicated when importing my .pst file from OL2010 on W7.

However neither seem to be able to send the emails!
I have 'Send when connected' checked but no go.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking for a solution?

Many thanks

Attachments

• OL 2007 1 Screenshot.jpg
    OL 2007 1 Screenshot.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 466
the one at the same level as the inbox is the right one (the position - at the same level as inbox - and the icon identify it as the 'right' one).

Any error messages? Do incoming messages download ok?

Hi Diane. Thanks for the reply. The inbox with the 'arrow icon' - which is the lower one - is the right one and the upper one is the one that I imported? Looking at it I also have 2 inboxes, 2 junk emails, 2 sent items and 2 RSS feeds :(.

I do not get any error messages when trying to send, they just sit there. When I close OL I am advised I have emails waiting to be sent and do I want to close.

I would be quite happy to start again, deleting OL 2007 and reinstalling, but am not sure if this would work or is my best option. Any advice you can give would be really helpful. I am using W7 & OL2010 until I get this resolved....

Yeah, the ones with the pretty icons are the defaults, the folders that are under the inbox were imported. You can delete any of the folders under the inbox that you don't need or move mail into the default folders.

It's pop3 - i would remove the pop3 account and add it back. Make sure you select this pst when you add the account. (Outlook 2007 might use it by default.)

Before you remove the account, it is worth checking the outgoing settings in tools, accounts - is the server correct? Then go to more settings, outgoing settings and advanced tab. Verify they are correct. You should get an error if they aren't, but confirm they are correct.

Checked the Accounts, and sent a test message from each of my 3 accounts. All were successful and all arrived in my lower inbox.
I then tried to send an email from one account to another, I have done this before to test settings without a problem. However this time I got the following error message so something is incorrect somewhere!

Attachments

• OL 2007 Send error.JPG
    OL 2007 Send error.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 468
Must have been a corrupt file, I closed all programs then ran sfc\scannow from an admin command prompt. restarted OL2007 and hit F9. Emails disappeared from my outbox and appeared in my sent folder :)

Sorted :D

Don't fear, I will be back......:eek:

For whatever reason, sfc /scannow seems to fix a lot of outlook issues these days. Did it find any files to fix?

Hi Diane.
Scannow did find errors which were then reported as repaired. I did look at the Log file but it did not make much sense to me. It is now access denied so cannot even copy it here for you to check over, sorry.

That's fine - was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Messages Held in Outbox 2007 Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P OL 2007 XP email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 3
D Windows 7 / Outlook 2007 - email gets stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 - Message stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
J E-mail held in Outbox while Minimized Using Outlook 3
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 Can I disable the Outlook Outbox? Using Outlook 2
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
U Outbox Message Stuck after reading some MailItem Properties with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Cant See outbox items on a secondary Account Exchange Server Administration 3
M Outbox throttler Using Outlook 4
T SMTP messages stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Send mail - it just sticks in Outbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 puts replies in Outbox Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky After viewing the Outbox, messages won't send Using Outlook 0
D Close Oulook after sending emails via vba without outbox getting stuck. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Messages in Outbox reminder is wrong Using Outlook 4
D Use single outbox in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
iwshim Transfering mail from the outbox to another computer Using Outlook 0
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
F Outbox - Multiple Emails need to be manually opened? Using Outlook 5
B OUTBOX ERROR!!!!! Using Outlook 20
James Emails Stuck In Outlook Outbox Happening Alot Using Outlook 1
Loperman Emails hang in Outbox Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
M some emails send from outbox, some don't Using Outlook 10
S Mystery emails in Outbox Using Outlook 1
J Change Subject of 500 mails sitting in Outbox with Macro Using Outlook 6
B Cannot send emails-stuck in OutBox: OUTLOOK 2013 Using Outlook 4
E lost contacts on emptying outbox? Using Outlook 5
N Stuck in Outlook 10 Outbox Using Outlook 0
K blank emails generated in outbox when clicking on Inbox and other foders Using Outlook 0
R Force use of general outbox Using Outlook 1
J Emails stuck in Outlook outbox Using Outlook 11
D Email stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 3
X Exchange 2013 - Emails stuck in Outbox folder Exchange Server Administration 3
D Emails stuck in Outbox, not receiving emails, Outlook 2010 auto send/receive Using Outlook 4
D Outbox will not send, error code 0X800CCC78 with 550 sender restricted. Using Outlook 3
G Email stuck in Outbox - Office 2013 Using Outlook 5
N Email Stuck in Outbox - Cached Mode - Roaming Profile Using Outlook 2
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
T Sent emails remain in Outbox Using Outlook 3
P Messages stuck in outbox and must be sent again. Using Outlook 1
C Fix for Outlook Outbox Error Message Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 messages freeze in outbox, do not autosave, then disappear after Outlook locks up Using Outlook 7