receive error when create new business contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy_lui

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi, I installed BCM 2010 for outlook about 2 months and shared with 8 users. everything work's great until last week. Users are getting an error message pop up every time when they click on New business contact. Does anyone know the reason and how to fix it?

error message: "the business contact record must have a name before it can be saved"

Thanks,

Andy

Did it start after updates were installed? If so, see if uninstalling the updates fixes it - go to Control panel, Programs and Features then click View Installed updates on the left. Sort by install date and start with the newest update.

Did it start after updates were installed? If so, see if uninstalling the updates fixes it - go to Control panel, Programs and Features then click View Installed updates on the left. Sort by install date and start with the newest update.

I checked. This happen on different computers. Some of them didn't install any update after installed bcm and some does.

I checked. This happen on different computers. Some of them didn't install any update after installed bcm and some does.

I am having the exact same problem. It did not use to happen and now does. I read on a Microsoft Tech site someone else having exactly the same problem. Neither site posts a solution that works. The dates that both other posters posted is September 2013 which from memory ( a notoriously bad thing to rely on with these matters) was around the same time I experienced it. It is annoying rather than disabling. It used to come up after you entered the detail but forgot to enter a name, which was useful, now it comes up as soon as you hit "create new contact", every time, which is annoying. I have hunted high and low for a setting that may cause it with no luck which makes me think it may be an Outlook/BCM system fault caused by a change elsewhere. Going back and uninstalling ALL updates to that date is not an option as one presumes all those interim updates were ones that were required to make other programmes work or why else does MS ask us to install them?

Has anyone else got this problem and has anyone found a solution and does anyone from the manufacturers take note of this and attempt to address the problem or is it simply too small a product and too small a problem to be commercially worth finding the problem and fixing? (I am not an IT person so do not know how these matters work)

thanks to anyone that may be able to assist.

It started happening after the last update several months ago. Very annoying. Would love to know if someone has found a solution to this.

I'm guessing it was the bad update last fall. Unfortunately, future updates include the same bits, so uninstalling the ones from last fall won't necessarily help.

Does it come up every time or only some times?

I'm guessing it was the bad update last fall. Unfortunately, future updates include the same bits, so uninstalling the ones from last fall won't necessarily help.

Does it come up every time or only some times?

Every time I create a new item in BCM. Doesn't do it in Outlook items; just BCM.

I checked with support, they have one case which is currently not active. My contact is going to check with the BCM folks.

Based on the dates, it looks like it was triggered by SP1.

BTW, are the field labels correct in BCM against Outlook 2010? The phone & email fields are messed up when its used with Outlook 2013.

I am also having the same problem when I try to create a new contact + when I start up Outlook 2010 64 bit I receive an error message " The callback function "OnRibbonLoad" was not found. This error only occurs only once. They are probably not related but thought that it was interesting.

No, nothing yet, unless someone figured out a workaround. Both the contact saving bug and field names bug are being worked on.

+1. We are having the same issue. Would be very helpful to get a fix for this as soon as possible. Interestingly 2 new dell machines, pre-loaded with Windows7 Professional are okay. I guess the updates haven't been applied yet.... nor am I in a hurry to apply them based on the above comments.

Also in addition you get the problem in Tasks> New Business Projects
And when running reports. Contacts > Saved Reports. Have to be careful with this one as it corrupts the report. So ensure you click NO to save.

As an FYI, some good news for some of the problems - a BCM update should be out much sooner than I was initially lead to believe. I don't have a date yet, though.

As an FYI, some good news for some of the problems - a BCM update should be out much sooner than I was initially lead to believe. I don't have a date yet, though.

Great! Thanks for the updates. Fingers crossed it'll address the issues. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.