Status
Not open for further replies.

douglas_bra

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Dear,

After deleting my profile on Windows 7. My Outlook 2010 SP1 reminders do not work.
When I create a task, the reminder window is displayed when I snooze for 5 minutes the window opens again, it just no longer appears when I put 2 hours to snooze.
PS: occurred after creating a new profile in Windows 7

You can try two things :

• You can try running the inbox repair tool on your .pst file which is in Outlook
  • You can create a new profile in outlook and import your data from old profile

Did you try the cleanreminders switch?

Close Outlook. Using the Start search field on Vista or Windows7 Start menu or press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type or paste the following

outlook.exe /cleanreminders

Then press Enter (or OK button) to restart Outlook.

You can try two things :

• You can try running the inbox repair tool on your .pst file which is in Outlook
  • You can create a new profile in outlook and import your data from old profile

I ran the two, but without success.

Did you try the cleanreminders switch?

Close Outlook. Using the Start search field on Vista or Windows7 Start menu or press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type or paste the following

outlook.exe /cleanreminders

Then press Enter (or OK button) to restart Outlook.

I also tried, without success.

Ps: I think it's a problem with the Windows profiles, it is the second time this happens to me.

Create a new Windows account and configure outlook in it - see if the reminders work as expected.

Create a new Windows account and configure outlook in it - see if the reminders work as expected.

It ran this step.
What happens that no reminders 5 minutes snooze, snooze and I click on the window back again.

EDIT:

The procedure to delete the profile is not the same as creating a new account?

Windows creates new registry keys when you create a new account?

Are we talking Windows user accounts, email accounts in Outlook or Outlook profiles?

Windows accounts (larry's suggestion) is a new windows log on so you can see if your windows account is the problem.

Outlook profile - create a new one in Control panel, search for Mail. Add one account to it and test. This creates a new profile in the registry of your current windows user account. The outlook profiles are at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Outlook accounts are the email accounts within a profile.

Are we talking Windows user accounts, email accounts in Outlook or Outlook profiles?

Windows accounts (larry's suggestion) is a new windows log on so you can see if your windows account is the problem.

Outlook profile - create a new one in Control panel, search for Mail. Add one account to it and test. This creates a new profile in the registry of your current windows user account. The outlook profiles are at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Outlook accounts are the email accounts within a profile.

We are talking about the Outlook Profile.
After I delete the Windows profile (account) and create a new profile and set up my PST this problem occurs.

Are you using a new pst file or reusing an old one? The reminders folder in the old pst file could be damaged. Along with /cleanreminders switch, try the /resetfolders switch. Or use MFCMAPI to delete the reminders folder. (I don't have instructions for that - guess i should write it up. :))

Are you using a new pst file or reusing an old one? The reminders folder in the old pst file could be damaged. Along with /cleanreminders switch, try the /resetfolders switch. Or use MFCMAPI to delete the reminders folder. (I don't have instructions for that - guess i should write it up. :))

I using old PST, I used MFCMAPI but not resolved.
ps: I will try to create a new Windows account, I think Outlook picks up some important configuration that no longer exists.

oh, i thought you already tried a new windows user account. Before that, I would try a new outlook profile and let outlook make the pst file. Create some tasks or appointments with reminders and see if it works.

oh, i thought you already tried a new windows user account. Before that, I would try a new outlook profile and let outlook make the pst file. Create some tasks or appointments with reminders and see if it works.

I tried a new PST, still not solved. What I tried was to create a new Windows account.

Not resolved. What happens is that I can only put 2 hours to snooze and not 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.