Calender reminders question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepTight

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Wondering how I can change reminder settings on calender. I've got a personal calender and shared (public) calender that several other people in our department are using. Reminders pop up for my personal appointments, but I also get reminder pop ups for the public shared calender.

How can I stop this? I only want reminders to pop up for my personal calender only. Using Outlook 2003.

I've googled around for answers.

Tried outlook.exe /cleanreminders and outlook.exe /cleanfolders...

No luck.

Are you using Outlook 2003 or 2010? In Outlook 2003, you should not get reminders unless it is in your default Calendar. Outlook 2010 changed this and you'll get reminders from all folders provided it is enabled for Tasks and is indexed.

Is the shared calendar in public folders or a shared mailbox?

if you are using Outlook 2007, you shouldn't get reminders from the PF. Is the folder in PF Favorites? Cached locally? Using any reminder addins?

if you are using Outlook 2007, you shouldn't get reminders from the PF. Is the folder in PF Favorites? Cached locally? Using any reminder addins?

What do you mean cached locally? I'm not quite knowledgeable on Outlook - how would I check for that?

No addons are being used.

Go to Tools, Account Settings and double click on the account then click More Settings. The options to cache shared folders is either the first or second tab.

Go to Tools, Account Settings and double click on the account then click More Settings. The options to cache shared folders is either the first or second tab.

Diane, are you saying that if that box is checked, it could cause this problems? I will check when I get back into the office Monday.

it won't necessarily fix the problem but its one thing to check and see if it is enabled - if so, it could be the cause of your problem. if its not enabled, then its not the problem.

if it doesn't work, what is your full outlook version number?

Are you using Outlook 2003 or 2010? In Outlook 2003, you should not get reminders unless it is in your default Calendar. Outlook 2010 changed this and you'll get reminders from all folders provided it is enabled for Tasks and is indexed.

Is the shared calendar in public folders or a shared mailbox?

------------
Dear Diane,
Our organisation is having a similar issue. We have Exchange 2010, and a mixture of staff members on Office 2007 and Office 2010 (just rolling it out). One of our staff members (on Office 2007) is getting event reminders for a Public Folder they don't have anything to do with (in a different part of the organisation). I was of the understanding that Public Folders don't do reminders normally (without add-in software) - so how could this be occurring? But more importantly how do we fix this for the staff member getting harrassed daily with event reminders for a calendar used by a different part of the organisation. Is there a chance that staff member has been added to permissions for that public folder (accidentally) and they are now getting them? (I couldn't see their name on the folder via Outlook 2010).

Any light you could shed on why this might be occurring would be wonderful.

Kind regards

Janine

Public folders don't support reminders, not even in Outlook 2010 (just checked it on both Ex2007 and 2010 servers).

Is she getting reminders in the reminder dialog or by email or some other method?

Have you searched her mailbox for appointments? Is there any chance she was accidentally invited to the meetings and its on her calendar? Is she a delegate to someone who would be invited? (That doesn't usually result in reminders though.)

Public folders don't support reminders, not even in Outlook 2010 (just checked it on both Ex2007 and 2010 servers).

Is she getting reminders in the reminder dialog or by email or some other method?

Have you searched her mailbox for appointments? Is there any chance she was accidentally invited to the meetings and its on her calendar? Is she a delegate to someone who would be invited? (That doesn't usually result in reminders though.)

The person in question is getting reminders in the reminder dialog box format (not an email). Unlikely she was invited to the meetings (unless they accidentally added her by mistake ...there is another person with the same first name - will look into that possibility and the delegate option).

Will update you after I investigate further. Thanks for your guidance :cool:

since they are real reminders, it's a good possiblity that she is invited by accident.

To confirm, she is getting reminder dialog box. However, when I went to check the public folder and opened the event appointment for the actual reminder, there were no invitees to that meeting at all. I'm checking no-one in that area has her as a delegate just in case.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Janine

since they are real reminders, it's a good possiblity that she is invited by accident.

When I went to check the public folder and opened the event appointment for the actual reminder, there were no invitees to that meeting at all. I'm checking no-one in that area has her as a delegate just in case.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Janine

Status
Not open for further replies.