OL 13 Reminders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbart

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
OL status bar shows three reminders http://screencast.com/t/9qJFdxDEnEqm. If I hover over the words Reminders: 3, I get “click to see reminders.” I use to be able to click and the reminders dialog box would pop up so I could see the reminders. Not anymore. When I click, nothing happens.

Another example: When I hover over the OL icon pinned to my taskbar, a notification box pops up. Inbox-username@xxxxxx.com is on top. Underneath, (bell) 3 Reminder.) Again, I use to be able to click on the “3 reminders” and the reminders notification box would pop up so I could see the reminders. Not anymore. When I click, nothing happens.

I ran a repair, /clearreminders & /resetfolders. No change. Running W7 Pro.

Have exactly the same Office config on a second computer. I can hover and click on the "reminders" showing on the OL status bar and a reminder window pop's up and I can see reminders. Also, I can hover over the OL icon and click on icon pinned to my taskbar, click on "Reminder(s)" and a reminders notification box pops up.

Stumped.

Well, it's supposed to work... and does here. I'm wondering if the reminder window is pushed off screen.

Close all windows except Outlook (to avoid messing with their size and placement) then try the window arrangement options on the taskbar - right click on the taskbar and choose cascade, stacked, or side by side. I've had some people say only one worked for them, so you might need to try all three.

oh, or you could delete the windowspos value at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Options\Reminders

then restart outlook.

tip-1004-case-missing-reminder-window-solved/

I had reviewed that reg key and the binary value was a very long string of alpha characters. Closed OL and deleted the long string. Opened OL, no change. Repeated. No change. I was doing something else at the time which required installation of an app. When I was done, I uninstalled the app and decided since I was there, would remove a plethora of other non-used apps. When done, opened OL and to my surprise, calendar pop up opened showing four old appointments which I "deleted all." I believe an installed app (recently installed app) was the cuplrit. Appreciate your help. Thank you

Interesting. Thanks for the update. Do you have any idea what app may have caused the problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C reminders not synced by CodeTwo Sync for iCloud Using Outlook 2
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Reminders not populating for certain events Using Outlook 2
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Are the underlined letters in Outlook Reminders window supposed to work? Using Outlook 4
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Reminders Window stops being displayed, even with /resetfolders or /cleanreminders Using Outlook 8
M Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
T populate calendar with appointments and send reminders Using Outlook 1
D Outlook for Android - Dismiss Reminders? Using Outlook 0
Karsten V Reminders keep popping up way after past reject Using Outlook 0
M flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders Using Outlook 3
A Birthday reminders now ending after 10 years?? Using Outlook 4
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
E Meeting reminders are set for the recipient Exchange Server Administration 9
P Outlook 2013 reminders firing late, in batches Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to choose which Calendar creates reminders? Using Outlook 0
E Are reminders local or global? Using Outlook 2
D Reminders in Outlook shared calendar Using Outlook 2
Z Reminders for all members of a shared calendar Using Outlook 1
A Can't stop Outlook.com from setting reminders on appointments? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
PSittner Email Reminders From Excel File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Duplicate Reminders Using Outlook 5
D Add tasks to reminders and calender? Using Outlook 1
R iCloud Issues in Outlook 2013, cannot create reminders Using Outlook 2
P open reminders missing after copying outlook pst file Using Outlook 2
A Calendar Reminders are Removed with Sync to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
W Midnight bug - Outlook Today & reminders Using Outlook 5
H Calendar entry reminders in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
R How to turn OFF the Reminders for shared calendar events but not off personal Using Outlook 1
C outlook 2013 task reminders vs. outlook.com task reminders Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
M suddenly cannot set outlook 2007 contact reminders Using Outlook 2
G Problem with reminders and the contact note field BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J Reminders dismissed on one computer re-appear on Outlook on second computer Using Outlook 1
S No Pop Up Reminders in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Calendar No Reminders Show up but does on iPhone Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Calendar No Reminders Show up but does on iPhone Using Outlook 2
M Reminders keep coming to users' calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
C shared calendar reminders Using Outlook 6
R How to avoid reminders from delegators' Calendars? Using Outlook 1
A How To Setting Multiple Reminders Using Outlook 1
S Reminders aren't showing up Using Outlook 3
G After syncing with iCould appoinmnet reminders do not show in the to-do bar Using Outlook 9
S Calender reminders question Using Outlook 13
S Reminders keep popping up, even after dismissing them Using Outlook 9
D outlook reminders dont come to front :/ Using Outlook 4