Define how my account is named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomohawk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a ******@outlook.com e-mail address, which I manage vis Microsoft Outlook 2016 (POP3).

I want to define the name that someone would see on an incoming mail from me e.g. I would want it to display on any incoming mails (received by my contacts) as Hotel_California.

In fact, there is a secondary problem, in that when I send to a contact, it comes in as my name (e.g. John Doe) and not as ******@outlook.com.

I need to understand where the "name" is defined i.e. in my online Outlook account or in Microsoft Outlook application.

Thanks,
T

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Typically, the display name for pop3 and imap is set in Outlook, but some email providers will pick up the account owner's name which was set in registration and use that when you send mail, ignoring the display name set by the client. This can (usually) be changed by the account owner in the online account settings. In Outlook.com, you can change the name in the microsoft account - note that this will apply to all aliases on the account.

I don't recall offhand how the new outlook.com does it, but if it's not using what you added in outlook when you set up the account (in File, Account settings, select pop account and click change), then you need to change it online.
Sign in to your Microsoft account

Is there a reason you are using pop3 instead of Exchange account type?

Tomohawk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks Diane. I'm really confused. I have a small business and my outlook.com e-mail address is used ONLY in connection with this. I do not use it for personal purposes. I would like my business name to appear as the "sender" when I send e-mails to clients, not my personal name.

Obviously, I cannot change my main Microsoft account name, as this is used for many other, personal purposes.

Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A define permissions for Photo Uploads Exchange Server Administration 1
G Addin to define message format on a per-contact basis? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Ability to define shortcuts to folders Outlook Wishlist 2
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
W Account icons Outlook for Android Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Setting up an Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
Z Account setup on Android Using Outlook 3
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
H Custom Signature Not Displayed When Account Selected Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
Z Script to set account? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P Account Changes Using Outlook 4
N Copies of emails from rules have wrong from: account Using Outlook 0
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
A Replies being sent from wrong account Using Outlook 8
V Autocomplete not working on new email account Using Outlook 4
W Sending To Wrong Account Using Outlook 15
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
CWM030 MSN Account.. Oh boy what have I done? Using Outlook 1
R Unable to install without email account Using Outlook 4
B Moving account, contacts & emails to another H/D with MSOutlook Using Outlook 5
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
M MsgBox when not sending from specified account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Migrating Profile/Account Settings To New PC for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
O Adding a new account - "CompanyL (none)" line is added Using Outlook 5
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
I Backup email account information Using Outlook 2
F Should a new email account also create new contacts Using Outlook 2