Status
Not open for further replies.

Yann Shukor

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi

I have been using the following settings for a while now when setting up user's access to IMAP account under Outlook:

But I have recently come across some issues, especially concerning synchronisation :

8004DF03-0-0-322
8004010E-30141301-0-310
8004DF03-0-0-560
800CCC0F-0-0-560
8004010F-0-0-720
8004010F-0-0-733

Lately I read that if the user's sub-folders are actually within the INBOX folder and that one indicates "inbox" in the advanced settings. I tested this but the sync errors didn't disappear :

I'm still getting the following errors : 8004DF03-0-0-322, 8004010E-30141301-0-310, 800CCC0F-0-0-560

My ISP, Infomaniak, however assures me that it is good practice to create subfolders at the same level as the inbox rather than within the inbox itself

So I followed their advice and moved the folders out of the inbox and ran the sync again and I'm still getting the sync errors: 8004DF03-0-0-560

Any one care to share their thoughts and experience concerning these different issues and settings ?

thanks
yann

My ISP, Infomaniak, however assures me that it is good practice to create subfolders at the same level as the inbox rather than within the inbox itself
The use of the \inbox path and location of the folders is entirely dependant on the imap server - if the isp says you don't need it, don't use it. (Only a small % of imap servers need that).

Are these send and receive errors or errors in Sync issues folders? Do they include text or just the numbers?

This is a sync issue in a gmail account - basically what it is saying is 9 things were deleted from the inbox but something is out of whack. Based on the time stamps, its when i went through and deleted a bunch of mail - an hour later i had the same error but no item count and then the errors stopped. That tells me that the issue was resolved. In this case, it looks like i was deleting and outlook resyncing faster than the server could update the deleted list - there were 3 sync errors generated in less than a minute referencing 7, 11, and 19 messages.

11:04:15 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox'
11:04:16 9 item(s) deleted in online folder
11:04:16 Error synchronizing folder
11:04:16 [8004010F-0-0-560]
11:04:16 Done

sometimes these messages will reference a specific message subject - that means it is having trouble syncing it. if the message size is 0 in outlook, move or delete the message.

Thanks for your response Diane

I finally settled on the sub-folders being at the same height as the Inbox, as recommended by the ISP

Still getting a few sync errors but my test show that the sync process seems to be operating normally

We will keep this under observation to see if it lasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P 2013 AOL IMAP Sync Errors Using Outlook 5
P IMAP errors with AOL during sync Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Discussion for all: IMAP + Safety Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2019 accesses POP3 but says its offline (because of IMAP servers?) Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
L IMAP Emails Disappear Using Outlook 0
V IMAP backup Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1
O How to recover rules after switch from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 2
O Benefits of Exchange over IMAP and why would I choose Exchange? Using Outlook 2
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
CWM030 Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves? Using Outlook 5