Status
Not open for further replies.

girit

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello,
I synched my Outlook 2010 calendar with iCloud for my iPhone. I have now two issues:
1. The Outlook does not show any appointment remainders ("no upcoming appointments" appeared in the to do/appointments panel). I copied all calender items to default calendar folder and this folder is the top most one. In the calendar view I can see appointments for today and tomorrow fine.

2. Some of my reminders in iPhone calendar are doubled.
I read the article "iCould and Outlook Problems". But It does not give a solution. Without reminders, the calendar is not too useful. Can anybody help me to fix these problems please?
Thank you.

Cem

Re: After syncing with iCould appoinmnet reminders do not show in the to-do ba

1. normal. icloud moved them all to the icloud calendar and the to-do bar only uses the default calendar.

2. are any of the appointments doubled?

Hello Diane,
Thank you for your reply. I know what happened. You explained in your website very clearly. I need help to correct it.
I do not see any reminder in the to do list even if I select all the calendar folders. See attached pictures. The only reminder now I have is created by Goto Meeting when I invited people to a meeting. So this calendar entry went into a right folder. But all teh This is why, if I try to merge iCould and Calendar folders following your article, how can I recover the reminders back to to to-do-list? They are fine in my iPhone (after I have chosen only one calendar folder in Outlook, I do not see any doubles, in iPhone calendar, and ICloud app on my PC show all correctly). So how is it possible that an Apple application can alter detrimentally a Windows application? Hard to believe. The problem is the Outlook itself possibly. Any help to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated. Please help. Thank you.

Cem

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 559
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 555

THe reminders are on the items - if you copy or move the calendar iems from icloud to Outlook, the reminders should be back again, automatically.

You might want to see if http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/foldersync-addin/ helps you sync the two calendars.

Hello Diane,
It worked like a charm. Thank you. I now have my reminders back. This also means that when synched my iPhone calendar will show my appointments right. One question though. If I enter a new appointment in my Outlook calendar, do I have to either synch it with the iCloud calendar by using this add on or copy it to iCloud manually each time? Or this is automatically going to happen from now on?
Thank you very much for your very effective help.
Sincerely,

Cem.

PS> Your website is very good. I learned a lot by reading some of the articles. But one suggestion though. The image verification produces images that most of time illegible. Couldn't you use one that is not that difficult?

The codetwo utility is supposed to be automatic AFAIK - it might run at start up or regularly. (I'm testing it now and will soon learn how often it syncs.)

What image verification process on which site? You shouldn't be asked to do anything when you are just ready - posting in this forum may bring up something for new users, but that is it.

Never mind, I was mistaken - you need to initiate the sync.

Hello Diane,
Thank you. MS and Apple need to talk to each other! Apple should not remove reminders to another calendar; they could just copy them instead to leave default calendar intact.
Sincerely,

PS. Each time I need to reply your post I need to go through image verification. And most of the time, the image is unreadable. So you need to try many versions until you can make sense one. That's what I meant. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• ImageVerification.JPG
    ImageVerification.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 480

Ah.. that captcha. That is only for new members - it's like either 7 days or (i think) 5 posts. I'll fix your account so you won't get it anymore.

The icloud is a good idea but poorly implemented. :(

Thank you Diane. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.