Settings question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheresaJ

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
When I receive forwarded emails from my boss the email thread never shows up in the reading pane. All I get is his message to me. However, if I select forward... I can see the entire thread in the email I am preparing to forward.

I'm using Outlook 2003. Any suggestions?

This usually means there is a little corruption in the message and outlook can't render it, but when it's forwarded, outlook rewrites the message, fixing whatever was wrong.

Is he using an Apple? Most problems like this are from using a Mac. A couple of updates were released to fix most of the problems. Make sure you have all outlook updates installed - you can check at Windows update.

Thanks Diane. No, he isn't using a Mac, but all of his software and OS are newer versions than what I'm running. Possibly the original message is sent from a Mac, but I doubt it. This is a problem regardless of who the forwarded email is from. I'll check for updates.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it turns out.

T.

Well, I've decided this is madness. I've browsed any number of microsoft sites and found tons of updates (mostly for junk email filters) but honestly I have no idea what update will fix my problem and no idea what will create problems. I was going to try the online help at one of the sites but that requires me to create yet another identity and password. Again, madness. Thanks anyway.

Just go to Windows Update (or Microsoft Update, I think that is what they call it now) and check for Office updates. Is Outlook all up-to-date?

What antivirus do you use? It's a possible cause of the corruption.

Just go to Windows Update (or Microsoft Update, I think that is what they call it now) and check for Office updates. Is Outlook all up-to-date?

What antivirus do you use? It's a possible cause of the corruption.

yeah, I found lots of updates but choosing the right one would be my problem. I don't know if I need a service pack or something more specific.

I don't know if I'm up to date on outlook updates. Is there a way I can tell? My computer automatically runs updates every night but I don't know if outlook is included in that automation.

Not sure what antivirus if any. I semi recently had a search engine virus removed form my computer. I believe tech used "Ccleaner".

Can I just thank you again... Thanks!

There is a setting in Windows updates that asks if you want it to do applications too, so you might be getting updates, but if so, you won't see a list of Office updates in Windows update, as they would be installed already.

Outlook 2003 is at SP3 level, so you should have that - you can check in Outlook's Help, About menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O How to find out the domain and server settings that my Outlook is using? Using Outlook 2
M Use Macro to change account settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
M Outlook settings will not accept a password Using Outlook 9
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
G Personal Settings within Outlook Using Outlook 2
David Langer Store my Outlook settings in the cloud - Broken Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2016 Free/Busy settings ignored Using Outlook 0
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
O How to apply view settings on all accounts and folders Using Outlook 7
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
JohnViuf Export task list view settings to other pc Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
T Migrating Profile/Account Settings To New PC for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
O Backup Office settings - registry key Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 - Tasks View Settings Missing Using Outlook 1
S Views ans Where Settings AreSavd Using Outlook 4
J Control Panel Mail (settings) icon missing Using Outlook 2
GregS "Your <mail provider> settings are out of date" Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2010 - Reading Pane and To Do Bar Settings Not Saved on Exit Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2003 can't send, but settings seem OK Using Outlook 1
Commander1 Task Recurrence Settings Using Outlook 3
M Change default "automatically test account settings when Next is clicked" Using Outlook 1
F Missing "More Settings" in Outlook 2007 Professional Using Outlook 8
E Moving autoarchive settings to new computer (Outlook 2007) Using Outlook 1
A Help creating macro for conditional formatting settings Using Outlook 8
K Revert AutoArchive settings via GPO (Run Autoarchive every...) Using Outlook 4
L changing view settings based on message body Using Outlook 1
B Email address not showing up in account settings Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2007 Save Current View,Font,Toolbar Settings Using Outlook 6
T save custom user settings/ views BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Oulook view settings ( NO PST) Using Outlook 0
wallisellener BCM - restore default settings BCM (Business Contact Manager) 36
O Outlook 2013 not holding bottom navigation settings Using Outlook 10
H PRF with OverwriteProfile=Append Is overwriting other settings Using Outlook 2
I Reconfigure standard Outlook settings on all machines Using Outlook 0
E "Current View" settings across multiple users on same Exchange 2007 account. Using Outlook 1
M authentication settings for outlook for mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
J Correct settings for send/receive groups w/Exchange Using Outlook 3
N Beginner - Setting SMTP settings/travelling Using Outlook 4
T Location and simple copying of emails and settings, OL 2010 and Win 7 64bit. Using Outlook 3
M Create new profile and import existing profile emails, address book, settings Using Outlook 4
L Flag settings Using Outlook 1
H Hotmail set not to delete from other accounts, but did. Settings in Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
V Changing Outlook settings Using Outlook 0
D Cannot open Outlook 2011 Account Settings Using Outlook 2