BCM - restore default settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not expecting a fix this month. There is definitely something wrong with oct updates - my bcm won't even load now.

Something seems to be VERY screwed up in Updates. I was able to find and remove a couple of the KB's listed (but without any change in BCM behavior... it's still showing the goofed up field labels) However now Updates shows a long list on items installed TODAY when I have NOT installed ANY updates.

My bad for sounding so frustrated but this is a friggin' mess!

Michael

updates will reinstall if you don't 'hide' them in windows update.

I have my preferences set to NOT install updates without my intervention. I would certainly hope that MS has not decided to override that preference. Is there something going on I'm aware of? i.e. MS has not brought to my attention?

Not that I'm aware of.... it shouldn't be overriding the setting, especially for office. I've heard rumors off and on that critical windows updates might override, but as far as I know, it was a consideration, not implemented.

I'm struggling since yesterday to find the culprit.

And what is really peculiar: after uninstalling updates (a long list of updates) and re-checking the installed updates, I could find again the fresh "uninstalled" updates. :confused:

The update settings are: never search for updates!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm struggling since yesterday to find the culprit.

And what is really peculiar: after uninstalling updates (a long list of updates) and re-checking the installed updates, I could find again the fresh "uninstalled" updates. :confused:

The update settings are: never search for updates!

I think a recent update messed BCM up - my desktop BCM won't load, my tablet's BCM loads but crashes outlook. Next step: repairing both.

Any forward movement on this issue yet? And/or has anyone been able to determine EXACTLY which updates are the culprit? I uninstalled all the updates previously mentioned and it didn't really change anything.

As far as removing and re-installing Office goes, my personal experience has been (although I confess I haven't yet tried it in this case) that for something potentially this deep, a remove and re-install rarely accomplishes anything other than waste time. Applications like Office seem to be (and I admit I could be completely off on this) very tightly "wound" into the OS and the re-install or remove/re-install just seems to compound and sometimes even create additional issues (Just ask me about an issue I had with Acrobat... OMG! What a mess that turned into)

Removing/reinstall rarely fixes any problem. I still don't have it running - the installed is crapped up, every time i try to repair BCM, some other program tries to run.

downgrade?

taking into account that problem is not solved for months (?) and BCM/Outlook required daily, I'm seriously considering to abandon 2013 and revert back to 2010. Unfortunately (surprize!) while Outlook 2013 and 2010 PST files are compatible, BCM database is not (shame on MS). Are there any success in moving database between Outlook 2013 and 2010? I could work calmly in Outlook 2010 then, and let MS fix their bugs as long as they want. Right now I'm under pressure because non-working BCM and shifted address fields' names complicate my daily work.

Re: downgrade?

Bumping this because it's impacting our normal business workflow.

Diane is there any progress in finding a solution ?

I talked to support and they blame net framework for problems. I haven't had a chance to try repairing the framework since returning from my meetings with the product team and my support contact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To clarify, crashing is blamed on net framework. I'm not sure when labels will be fixed - they didn't say, other than that they are investigating.

Some Microsoft net framework updates came through on the weekend but did nothing to fix this issue. Is there someone we can all contact at Microsoft or an alternative product where we can export our data and notes?

Is there any update to the field label issue? Between Office 2013 H&B installation fiasco, going back to Office 2010 to learn my 2013 BCM Dbase is not compatible and then going back to Office 2013 Pro Plus and it's myriad of updates, one or some resulting in screwing up BCM I'm very frustrated (as I suspect many others here also are.)

Is there any update to the field label issue? Between Office 2013 H&B installation fiasco, going back to Office 2010 to learn my 2013 BCM Dbase is not compatible and then going back to Office 2013 Pro Plus and it's myriad of updates, one or some resulting in screwing up BCM I'm very frustrated (as I suspect many others here also are.)

As I mentioned here

https://forums.slipstick.com/threads/91089-Weird-naming-of-fields-in-Contacts?p=333677#post333677

installation of SP1 doesn't help either

Has anyone tried to install SP1 on CLEAN office (without buggy updates)? Result for our case?

Status
Not open for further replies.