Outlook 2007 Code for Note Fields of Appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to changing the code so as I showed above, the macro that changes the font its perfect, but I don't see anyway to create a shortcut to it in the form of the calendar appointment....as I have to got thru the list of macros to find it and that's not easy as I have so many macros...so is there a way to create a button on the form of the calendar event to the macro? or is the shortcut like Ctrl + F to run the macro? Need get this done please!

You can customize the QAT to add a button for a macro. If you have a custom form, you can call the macro from a command_click macro.

In the Calendar Event form, I don't see a Quick Access Toolbar to add a macro to.....and don't understand what you said re call the macro from a command_click macro.....so how do I do it please?

Unless you are using a custom form, a control won't be much use.

Add the it to Quick Launch tool bar - click the triangle the arrow is pointing to, select Macros from the dropdown then location your macro. The default icon is that little boxy thing but you can modify it.

2007-macro.png

I actually found the QAT for my form I use and created the botton to the macro....so when the event is created, before I save it, I click on Ctrl +a and it selects all words in the body and then I run the macro....thank very much as usual....and now getting back to the more difficult area where we were trying the if lines...etc....that did not work....is there another way to do so those title words don't show up unless the value of the related field as words in it...the example is the Mobile Phone and if the related field in the contact does not have phone number, I don't want the name Mobile Phone to show up in the body of the calendar event.....

In addition, I have macros that change the font of selected words in the calendar body. So also, is there another way to have the calendar macro I posted, add in the font macro to the specific areas of the calendar macro to change the font of the words that are put in the calendar body??

To make this clear so there can be a couple of ways to get this done rightt away:

I have macros that change the font of the words I select in the body of the calendar event.

And below is an example of the code that does it.

So is the a seperate macro or codes to add to my code, that will autuomatically select specific words in the body of the calendar event so I click on them macro and it selects them, and then I click on the macro that changes the fonts.

Or is there a macro or codes to add to my code that will automtically select the lines of the body I want to select and then the font is changed to those lines.?

And finnally, in the Calendar click script code I posted earlier, can we select the words that come from the values of the fields that come with the title words? As then, I can use the code to change the fonts.

Would love to hear back as soon as possible. Public Sub FormatCalendarSelectedText_Black_Bold_14()
Dim objItem As Object
Dim objInsp As outlook.Inspector

' Add reference to Word library
' in VBA Editor, Tools, References
Dim objWord As Word.Application
Dim objDoc As Word.Document
Dim objSel As Word.Selection
On Error Resume Next

'Reference the current <span class="adtext" id="adtext_6">Outlook item</span
Set objItem = Application.ActiveInspector.currentItem
If Not objItem Is Nothing Then
If objItem.Class = olAppointment Then
Set objInsp = objItem.GetInspector
If objInsp.EditorType = olEditorWord Then
Set objDoc = objInsp.WordEditor
Set objWord = objDoc.Application
Set objSel = objWord.Selection

With objSel
' Formatting code goes here
.Font.Color = wdColorBlack
.Font.Size = 14
.Font.Bold = True
.Font.Underline = True
.Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
End With
End If
End If
End If

Set objItem = Nothing
Set objWord = Nothing
Set objSel = Nothing
Set objInsp = Nothing

End Sub

I figured out thru some places I read, the following is the code for Word documents, that goes to the specific line number....say line 4, and it automatically selects all words in the line. So is there a way to change this for Outlook so it does the same thing in the Body area the Calendar Event...as I have the codes to change the fonts to what is selected in the Body area of the Calendar Event. And if possible, can it select more than one line? Would love to do this right away. Sub Macro5()
Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToLine, Which:=wdGoToAbsolute, Count:=4

Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdLine
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine, Extend:=wdExtend

End Sub

Now I have figured out in Microsoft Word, that the code identifies whatever llne numbers I decide and automatically changes the font I decided for the particular lines.....So the example below is as to Lines 1, 2, 4 and 5, as when I create a Calendar Event in Outlook 2007, it puts in the Body field of the Calendar Event, a list of words and even thought there are more, the beginning of the words are Lines 1,2, 4 abd 5. So below is the code for the Microsoft Word, and how do we make this work in Outlook 2007 for the Body field of a Calendar Event.

Sub SelectLine1_2_3_5()

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToLine, Which:=wdGoToAbsolute, Count:=1

Selection.Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = -587137025
Selection.Font.Bold = True
Selection.Font.UnderlineColor = -587137025
Selection.Font.Underline = wdUnderlineSingle

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToLine, Which:=wdGoToAbsolute, Count:=2

Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = -553582593

Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = -587137025
Selection.Font.UnderlineColor = -587137025

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToLine, Which:=wdGoToAbsolute, Count:=5

Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = -553582593

End Sub

In addition, I just updgraded the code so it's clearer re color etc......but need to know how to put this in Outlook 2007

Sub SelectAllLines()

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToLine, Which:=wdGoToAbsolute, Count:=1

Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = wdColorBlack
Selection.Font.UnderlineColor = wdColorBlack

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToLine, Which:=wdGoToAbsolute, Count:=2

Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = wdColorBlue
Selection.Font.UnderlineColor = wdColorBlue

Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = wdColorBlack
Selection.Font.UnderlineColor = wdColorBlack

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToLine, Which:=wdGoToAbsolute, Count:=5

Selection.Font.Size = 14
Selection.Font.Color = wdColorBlue
Selection.Font.UnderlineColor = wdColorBlue

To The Smart Woman!!!;) I went back to what you said earlier using the "if" concept so if the field related to one of the titles does not have any value, the title does not show up....and I did it where there is no "End If" or "Else" and it does it perfectly!!!! But what we need to do other than the font area, is if there is no value and then no title word in the Calendar Event body field, there is still the spacing as if both the two lines of the If were showing up there and an third line space after...and this messes up the areas of the body it shows up....So below is an example of the four areas....and what do we change so if one does not show up since no related field value, there is no extra line spaces in the body in the order of the list of areas? if item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("Phone4").text <> "" then txtMobile = "Mobile Number" & ":" & vbcrlf & item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("Phone4").text & vbcrlf

if item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("Phone1").text <> "" then txtBusiness = "Business Number" & ":" & vbcrlf & item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("Phone1").text & vbcrlf
if item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("ComboBox9").text <> "" then txtlaststatus = "Last Status" & ": " & vbcrlf & item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("ComboBox9").text & vbcrlf

if item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("TextBox22").text <> "" then txtlaststatusdate = "Last Status Date" & ": " & vbcrlf & item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("TextBox22").text & vbcrlf

The line feed is in the if statement so you shouldn't get blank lines if the value is blank.

if item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").con trols("Phone4").text <> "" then txtMobile =

"Mobile Number" & ":" & vbcrlf & item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").con trols("Phone4").text & vbcrlf <<== this line shouldn't print if the condition (the field is not blank) and because the line feed is in it, you shouldn't get a line feed.

Thanks very much, but do I add something to it as it is created the space lines when field is blank......so do I add something?

Any way to fixt his please right away as well???

Can we fix this today re the space lines that are there as if there was the words but no words.....so is there something to add to each If line that takes care of this??

Everything looks fine to me, so I'm not sure what is going on. An if statement should work.

I have used exactly the code If code you gave me, and if there is not value in the say Phone4, it still adds the two lines as if there was a Phone Number in Phone4 plus the line space after the two lines per the body code so that if there were words, there is a line space between both top two lines an the next two lines......can we chance something in the If code or the body code, or add something that solves this?

To solve this area, I have created the following and I just need the simple codes for outlook that selects all words in the body field as if I did Ctrl + A, and a code as if I did Ctrl + C to copy all selected , and a code as if I did Ctrl + V to past all that was copied.

When I select all in the Outlook body, I run a word document that pastes to it what I selected and copied from the Outlook body, it takes care of fonts and the spaces, and it selectes and copies all adjusted words.

Status
Not open for further replies.