Outlook 2010 Tasks & Productivity in Outlook

outl00ker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi guys,

I have 2 questions regarding Tasks in Outlook:

1. Under the to-do list view in Tasks tab, is there a way to filter the list by Flagged Emails vs. DIY-input tasks filed under various Task folders?

2. What is the recommended workflow for tracking a task to completion?

a. The current problem I face is a duplicate of tasks/emails that are flagged up. Some are trivial emails that require an email reply, some require a full written paper to go along with the email, and DIY-input tasks that are semi-dependent on the flagged emails.

b. Is there any better way of organization other than using Categories/Folders? For example, can I nest flagged emails under a DIY-input task, and also for the flagged email to be updated with the latest message as and when it comes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
1. Yes. You can filter by message class - message class contains ipm.task will get you only tasks in the list.

The recommended way is to use as few folders as possible. in your work scenario, i would flag trivial things and drag messages that require a more complicated task to the task folder. This will create a task containing the message. This eliminates both a flagged message and the task.

No, you can't nest messages under tasks but you could drag messages to tasks to add them to the task form for easy access.