Outlook 2013 Calendar events not appear on Outlook.com Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

parryjm

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Any Calendar event that I create on my Outlook 2013 Calendar gets propagated to my Outlook.com Calendar. However, any Outlook calendar invites that I received and accept from my wife appear (who uses Outlook 2010) appears on my Outlook 2013 calendar. However, none of her calendar invites get propagated to my Outlook.com Calendar. I usually accept her invites, but don't send a response.

Any idea why her calendar events do not get propagated to my Outlook.com Calendar?

It's a bug of sorts - meeting requests don't always sync up, especially if sent to a different address and added to the outlook.com calendar. This will change once your account is moved to the new outlook.com server (using office 365 on the backend) and you change from EAS to Exchange account. After it is moved, add it to outlook using auto account setup and delete the EAS account.
Outlook.com Migration Status

Diane,

The "Outlook.com Migration Status" provides instructions specific to Outlook 2003, 2007 & 2007 users. What of these steps, if any pertain to Outlook 2013 users? In other words, what are the series of steps I as an Outlook 2013 user will need to do once my account has been migrated? My Outlook 2013 is configured with 2 e-mail accounts - one for my G-mail account and one for my Outlook.com. I also have a PST configured as a Personal Folder under the "Data Files".

If you could list the steps I will need to do, that would be greatly appreciated.

2013 and 2016 users remove the current EAS account and use auto account setup to add it back - basically, what is step 2 in the 2007 instructions.

Diane,

It's been 7 months since we communicated last and it appears my account has yet to migrate to the new server because it still says "Outlook.com".

One reason stated for not being migrated is if one is sharing a calendar with someone else. Not sure I am "sharing" my calendar. This is how I am calendaring. My wife uses Outlook 2010 at her place of employment which uses an "Exchange Server". I have Outlook 2013 on my computer as well as a calendar on Outlook.com. Any meeting events that I create on my Outlook 2013 calendar gets replicated to my Outlook.com calendar.

My wife and I send each other meeting invites and these invites get reflected on her Outlook 2010 calendar as well as on my Outlook 2013 calendar. However, none of her meeting invites appear on my Outlook.com calendar. Given what I just described, do you considered I am "sharing a calendar with others"?

I also have a Google Calendar and I use "CompanionLink" on my computer to replicate my Outlook 2013 calendar to my Google Calendar. It's only one-way replication. In other words, I do not replicate changes from my Google Calendar to my Outlook 2013 Calendar. Given what I just described, do you considered I am "sharing a calendar with others"?

I'm not even sure why I need an Outlook.com account. I do not use mail feature in Outlook.com because I use my Google E-mail account. I thought I needed an Outlook.com account in order replicate my Outlook 2103 Calendar/Contacts/Tasks with my Google Calendar/Contacts/Tasks, but using "CompanionLink" is doing this for me, so is there any reason why I still need an Outlook.com account from my Outlook 2103 setup?

Jim

It's a bug of sorts - meeting requests don't always sync up, especially if sent to a different address and added to the outlook.com calendar. This will change once your account is moved to the new outlook.com server (using office 365 on the backend) and you change from EAS to Exchange account. After it is moved, add it to outlook using auto account setup and delete the EAS account.
Outlook.com Migration Status

Diane,
I was migrated to the new Outlook.com server in late fall of last year. It shows I am using Exchange ActiveSync. I still have the same issue - any invites that my wife e-mails from her Outlook 2010 client show up on my for Outlook 2013 calendar client, but none of the appointments make it to my Outlook.com calendar. Any thoughts as to why not?

Diane,

I tried to follow the instructions to remove my Exchange ActiveSync account and add back an Microsoft Exchange account using the "Auto Account Setup". The setup screen wants me to enter my e-mail address and password. My e-mail address for my MS Account is the same as my Gmail account, but the passwords are different, so I tried to use the password for my MS account, but it didn't accept it. When I entered my Gmail password, it proceeded to setup a IMAP/SMTP server, which is not want I wanted, so I cancelled adding the account. The "Auto Account Setup" never gives me the option of specifying the mail server to use (e.g. "eas.outlook.com").

I tried doing a “Manual setup or additional server types” to add account and when I select a Microsoft Exchange account, it says a new Microsoft Exchange account cannot be manually configured while Outlook is running. I went no further, so at this point I'm back to where I was with not getting any of my wife's meeting appointments on my MS Account Calendar. To reiterate, I use my Gmail account for all my e-mail. I use the MS Account calendar to sync my Calendar, People and Tasks with my Outlook 2013 Client on my computer. I do not use the e-mail feature under my MS Account. All seems to work fine except I am not getting my wife's meeting events on my MS Account Calendar. Where am I going wrong?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.