Outlook 2013 Office 2010 Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawel

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Hi All

I have an issue with my outlook installation.

The installation is as follows:
Standalone Outlook 2013 and full installation of Office 2010.

The issue that appears in outr configuration is the MAPI for office 2010 applications. Users can't use the save and send options in any of the office 2010 applications, because outlook won't be recognized as the default mail client on these machines, although in the HKCU Microsoft Outlook is set in the software\clients\mail default value.

Do you have any suggestions about the issue?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That is typical for mixed versions - the office applications are looking for the same version of Outlook. I'm not aware of a way to fix it - you can fix the missing features in Outlook by adding winword.exe to the same folder as outlook.exe.

Hmmm. I wonder if you drop outlook.exe in the same folder as the 2010 programs, if it will trick the apps too....

Pawel

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Hi Diane, dropping winword to the instalaltion path of outlook has been already made, to enable all the features of outlook - especialy inserting the table to a message. Will try putting the outlook.exe to the path of of the office, but i am curious to what dll should the value DLLPathEx point to, a office 14 or office 15?

Thanks for your reply, will pass the update as soon as i would test it.

Pawel

Pawel

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Hi Diane

Even dropping the outlook.exe to the path won't solve the issue, attached the registry settings for the mail client.

Attachments

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It may not work because outlook 2010 doesn't need to be uninstalled (as it did in previous versions, where you could only have one outlook installed) .

Knowing the winword trick for outlook just requires a file named winword - i copied outlook.exe and renamed it, others said they used a text file renamed (never worked for me, i needed to rename a dll or exe) - I was thinking maybe it was the same for outlook. If the apps just look for outlook.exe in the folder but use the registry to find the right one, you could trick them into thinking you had outlook installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.