How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff2020

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello! I am looking for a way to sync calendars and contacts in Outlook (2016 and 356 32bit), iphone and Google. (if possible). A 3rd party application is acceptable to make this work. Looking to edit in any of the three application and have them sync in all three. Played around with included tools for contacts and there are the results:
Editing in, then syncing=
o Outlook to iphone – works
o iPhone to Outlook – Not working
o Google to iPhone – works
o iPhone to Google - works
o Google to Outlook – Not working

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

o Outlook to iphone – works
o iPhone to Outlook – Not working
This should work using icloud addin - you do need to make sure you are creating the events on the icloud calendar on the phone.

o Google to iPhone – works
o iPhone to Google - works

o Google to Outlook – Not working
This needs a 3rd party utility - companionlink or gsyncit.

I've always found the Apple contacts on the Iphone to be better app than Outlook contacts for Iphone. The Apple app knows how to handle multiple Office 365 and Exchange contact folders. The Outlook for Iphone does not.

Honestly, they both have basically the same (limited) features, so it doesn't matter which you use. The big difference is outlook app is one app, not 2 or 3 but it doesn't sync contacts - it uses search to find them. it can sync one to the native app so you have them for messaging and calls.

Oh, and if you want to sync notes or tasks, you need to set the account up in the native app - you can turn off mail and calendar sync.

Honestly, they both have basically the same (limited) features, so it doesn't matter which you use. The big difference is outlook app is one app, not 2 or 3 but it doesn't sync contacts - it uses search to find them. it can sync one to the native app so you have them for messaging and calls.

Oh, and if you want to sync notes or tasks, you need to set the account up in the native app - you can turn off mail and calendar sync.
for reasons i've never figured out or gotten good answer from mobile Outlook support, there are many contacts that i can easily find in the portal or desktop OL, but not on the Iphone Outlook app. I can find them easily on the Apple contact app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
B Outlook and iPhone Sync Using Outlook 3
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
V Sync Outlook contacts with iPhone Using Outlook 4
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
B iPhone Calendar will not sync with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
K outlook calendar wont sync iphone 4 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2013 calendar won't sync with iphone 4s Using Outlook 14
V Sync Outlook 2003 calendar to iPhone 4 Using Outlook 2
V Sync outlook with iphone after adding exchange mail account Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Sync Outlook 2010 Notes and Journal with iPhone 4 Using Outlook 1
K Is it possible to sync IPhone to BCM Outlook contact, calendars ... all data? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
N how to sync automatically when outlook opens Using Outlook 10
J Outlook.com Contact Sync Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
O Outlook 2016 - two addressbooks - how to sync and which one is in use? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
P Sync Desktop Outlook 2013 with Outlook.com? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
S Outlook.com Sync working, Sync to Android has issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Mobile notifications and sync in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
GregS No contacts sync from Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone Using Outlook 0
GregS Sync contacts Outlook.com to "MS People" mobile Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook and iCloud Sync Issues Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Connector Contact Sync Bug (Fixed) Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Sync issues with outlook.com Using Outlook 0
D Outlook Notes and Exchange Sync Using Outlook 7
T Sync gmail with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
P Outlook 2013 to Outlook.com Time Zone sync Using Outlook 4
Travis Lloyd Will Outlook 2016 Desktop Sync-up With Outlook.com? Using Outlook 8
T Outlook 2010 calendar won't sync with Android phone Using Outlook 3
Snoopy How can I sync Windows (10) Outlook (2016) with other devices - frustrated! Using Outlook 4
Glyn Outlook sync to Android Phone Using Outlook 1