Syncing problems with add-ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padraig

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am using O365 exchange online and desktop outlook. I am having problems with a number of addins and syncing conflicts ( I would abandon the add-ins except that one in particular is part of a software package which is important to me).

The issue is that the addin adds certain information to the outlook email billing information field. Because I am using cached mode ( I find that outlook is too slow and "spongey " without cached mode enabled ) problems are arising whereby the addin will do its business but the email incl the updated billing information in the local .OST file can conflict with the remote copy of the email. Frequently the syncing process resolves the conflict in favour of the remote version and in the process replaces the initial local copy with a copy of the remote email. This seems only to affect sent mail.

I am considering using POP3 access to the exchange online mailbox from my main computer in order to avoid the syncing conflicts ( but leaving email on the server). Could I access the mailbox using POP3 on one computer but still use exchange server protocol on another ( e.g. laptop when working away from my desk and without the addin active) ?

Could I access the mailbox using POP3 on one computer but still use exchange server protocol on another ( e.g. laptop when working away from my desk and without the addin active) ?
sure... you can do it on one computer and two profiles (if you only need the addin at certain times). Note that sent items will not sync up to the server - if you need them on the server, you'll need to import the pst sent folder into the cached mode mailbox.

If you hit Save (to save an updated copy of the draft), does it work better? Also, when the conflict occurs, the 'loser' should be in the Sync issues > Conflicts folder.

Thanks - tried the second profile and it works well.

Unfortunately hitting save doesn't help.

Hadn't thought about the lack of sent folder sync. and yes the option of monitoring the conflicts folder is an option as is switching to online mode - I suppose its a question of what is the least worst option.

Thanks for a great site.

Monitoring the folder might be faster - online mode tends to be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cricket1001 Problems with calendar syncing Using Outlook 0
S Problems syncing emails with webmail after changing to Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky iCloud and Outlook Problems: Syncing Calendar Using Outlook 0
B Problems with outlook calendar and android phone syncing calendars Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
M Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook Using Outlook 1
C Syncing on outlook.com Using Outlook 4
N Need help syncing contacts to iPhone X Using Outlook 8
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
T Syncing to Android Phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
H Syncing Outlook notes with ios Using Outlook 3
A added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone Using Outlook 3
S Outlook User defined date field (UDF) not syncing Using Outlook 2
F Contacts folders not syncing with hosted exchange Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Syncing Outlook with an Android smartphone Using Outlook 0
Charles Brooks SEES Exchange not syncing with win 10 calendar. Exchange Server Administration 0
R Outlook 2016 not syncing all folders Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 - Mail Not Syncing With iPhone Outlook App Using Outlook 1
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
A windows mobile 10 calendar not syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Syncing Office 365 folders to match Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
B Contacts just stop syncing, yesterday... Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2013 Syncing contacts with Android phone - Outlook.com vs Outlook apps Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
K Outlook 2007 IMAP account stops syncing new messages Using Outlook 0
T Not all contacts are syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Outlook 2013 Outlook 2013 no longer syncing 1 of 5 IMAP accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 2013 not syncing changes to outlook.com account calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
I Outlook Contacts and Calenders not syncing between PC, IPhone, and Windows 8.1 tablet Using Outlook 3
Commodore Syncing Outlook 2013 and Windows phone Using Outlook 8
Ascar_CT Adding contacts on Android phone and then syncing them to Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
V iCloud not syncing categorized calendar events Using Outlook 7
B Outlook.com calendar no longer syncing with Blackberry Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T Syncing iPhone w/Outlook Using Outlook 1
VCC Icloud/Outlook Syncing Issues Using Outlook 1
Marcy Outlook and SharePoint 2013 - Syncing Contacts Using Outlook 2
A outlook 2013 not syncing Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 contacts syncing intermittently via Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V Outlook not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 5
I Different users connected to an IMAP email aren't syncing with each other Using Outlook 5
A How are you handling Outlook.com category issue and syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
mariobgr Syncing locations in calendar Using Outlook 1