Send/Receive All Folders doesn't show Progress status

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkha

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook 2010 in Windows 7 64bit. When I click 'Send/Receive All Folders', Outlook Send/Receive Progress box doesn't show up. I've tried every suggestions on the net. Please help.

It always says that the tasks have completed successfully. When I pin the box and leave it open when I click Send/Receive All Folders, it doesn't show the progress of sending or receiving like older outlook versions but just show the main progress bar at the top.

Find and delete or rename the SRS file and restart outlook. See if that fixes the problem.

paste this line into the address bar of windows explorer and press enter:

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

to open windows explorer to the location where the srs file is.

from Outlook Tips | Where are my Outlook Files?

Hi Diane,

I've renamed the srs file which is located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook and it still acts the same. Nothing has changed.

KK

That leaves two things left to try: scanpst or a new profile.

Hi Diane,

I've tried creating a new profile and it didn't work either so how do I do the scanpst?

KK

Hi Diane,

I really appreciate your help. Maybe I'm not giving you full description of my outlook. The email is hosted by our email server at work. We use Exchange 2003. Will it give me a different answer to troubleshoot? I don't have the .pst file in my %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook, only .ost file.

KK

Yeah, it does change things. How big is your ost file? You can delete it and let outlook rebuild it if its not too big.

It was more than 400MB. I deleted it and started Outlook and it still acts the same. Nothing changed again.

Have you used the repair option yet - go to control panel, add remove programs and repair office.

I did that too. Its still the same. Thank you so much for all the trouble but this is a tricky one.

Tricky is an understatement :) Oh, wait. Dumb, dumb, dumb of me not to notice your account type. Exchange accounts aren't listed as tasks because the aren't enabled for send and receive. Outlook and Exchange talk every few seconds and as mail arrives, it gets pushed to outlook so it doesn't need to be enabled in for S/R. The progress dialog is for other accounts.

Use Ctrl+Alt+S to open the send receive dialog. Click Edit. The Exchange accounts have a red x, others have sync arrows. If you check a box to include the exchange account in send and receive, outlook will stop talking to exchange and act like pop3, getting mail only during send and receives and will be listed in the SR progress dialog. While you can test this, i recommend keeping the settings on the default - exchange is not checked to be included in the S/R.

Sorry for not picking up on that days ago. :(

That's great. Thank you so much for letting me know all these and helping me out. I really appreciate your expertise. All the best to you.

KK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Synchronizing subscribed folders causes hanging during send/receive process Using Outlook 2
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
M Send/Receive error 0x800CCC0F Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
L How to automaticlly Send/Receive every 3 mins but override send if send/receive is pressed Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Configuring a Manual Send and Receive in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M configure Onpremise exchange to send/receive emails internally and externally) Exchange Server Administration 0
P Outlook 2007 not sending/receiving until restart (send/receive stuck at __%) Using Outlook 27
J Send and Receive Button - only check default account? Using Outlook 1
S send/receive issues outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
W OUTLOOK 2007 FREEZES. WILL NOT SEND NOR RECEIVE Using Outlook 1
Z Always Send from Default Account, depend of receive account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
wisedave Office 365 Outlook - Emails send but don't receive Using Outlook 12
D Outlook 2010 hangs during message send/receive Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 I am getting error code 0x8DE00006 'the operation failed'. outlook 2010 send/receive progress Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Nesher Can send but not receive Using Outlook 1
David Trevose Hanging on Send Receive Using Outlook 2
mikecox "Send/Receive" goes missing Using Outlook 3
R Email Send & Receive Turned off but sends automatically anyway Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 take long time in send / receive Using Outlook 1
J why won't the automatic send/receive work Using Outlook 7
A Auto send-receive in Outlook not working Using Outlook 6
R send/receive no action Using Outlook 2
A yahoo mail doesn't send or receive reliably Using Outlook 1
E Strange Send/Receive count Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Why would I want to send/receive when offline? Using Outlook 0
S Send/Receive Progress is black??? Using Outlook 4
M Send receive Progress Box Using Outlook 4
0 Outlook 2010 causes computer to lose connection when opening and Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 14
D Emails stuck in Outbox, not receiving emails, Outlook 2010 auto send/receive Using Outlook 4
A Send only, don't receive Using Outlook 1
H Send/Receive Error Sending E-Mails Using POP3 GMail Account Using Outlook 2
J Correct settings for send/receive groups w/Exchange Using Outlook 3
T Changed password now can't send/receive Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 manually actioning of send and receive? remove auto actioning Using Outlook 4
J Send/receive getting stuck Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
X Send & receive takes SO LONG Using Outlook 1
P Send/Receive error in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
W Send/Receive status bar Using Outlook 0
O two profiles send/receive from different servers Using Outlook 1
S Error code 0x8004102A Error With Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Connector Forces Outlook 2007 To Hang On Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
L Send/receive error (0X800CCC80) Using Outlook 2
B Send/Receive Status in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2