Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pops-CMH

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My Outlook is mapped to my Gmail account. I have the iCloud Add-in installed but it's not working as desired.

I'd like Outlook ToDos to sync to iCloud Reminders (so I can see them on my iPhone) and I'd like calendar entries on my iPhone (i.e. my iCloud calendar) to be the default calendar for Outlook so when I "Create Task", "Create Meeting", or accept a meeting invitation from my InBox or create a meeting on my iPhone, they all reside in the same calendar.

I had all this working when I was in a corporate setting with Outlook/Exchange - but I've been unable to get it working on my standalone PC with Outlook from O365.

Thank you, in advance for your assistance.

Yeah, it's not going to work on with icloud because you cant set the icloud to be the default data file. If you use an outlook.com account, it would like your corporate mailbox as its not hosted on Office 365 Exchange, but not with icloud.

You can use a macro to move or copy things - sample code at Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar - manual method at Copy Appointments to a Second Calendar

I'm going to try to use the Macro approach - fingers crossed! Is there a similar macro to move Tasks or ToDos into iCloud's Reminders?

You'd use the same method - just change the folders and item types. You'll need to copy the Private Sub curCal_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) macro for each item type, changing the name of course.

I had started to do one specifically for icloud (that moved, not copied, appt, contacts, and tasks) - i didn't see it linked as a text file in the comments - will see if i can find it and post it. It used search to find events to update, not the GUID (which doesn't work correctly in 2016).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 12
V Making a Date field mandatory in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2019 having issues with 'people search' and not making suggestions in email To: etc Using Outlook 12
CWM030 Thinking about making the plunge. Exchange Server Administration 6
M Making Subject field writable (disable Read Only) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
Michael R Belleville Making an Attachment Name the Message Subject Using Outlook 2
Pierce007 Maps/location in making an appointment Using Outlook 2
R Making Outlook default client in share charm Using Outlook 4
D No Follow up when making new form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Safeguards against accidental deletion / making inactive. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
T Need help making RULE to prepend email SUBJECT Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2003 - Making a distribution list from a contact folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Making custom Outlook 2007 folders emptiable like "Deleted Items" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Making field editable in custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
C reminders not synced by CodeTwo Sync for iCloud Using Outlook 2
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
B iCloud telling me my Outlook is not supported Using Outlook 2
KeithJB iCloud calendar sync only works one way! Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2021 Outlook-2021 (64-bit) and iCloud-for-Windows v13.0 - It Works Good. Using Outlook 12
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
A iCloud add in problems Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 5
V Outlook 2016 Outlook-2016 and iCloud for Windows - Problems Using Outlook 11
B iCloud for Windows 11.2 disconnects by itself after 30-45 minutes Using Outlook 9
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
G icloud pictures not showing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
jChambler iCloud folders in Outlook are not the same as on iCloud Using Outlook 6
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
Gary Hile Icloud addin for outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
Commodore iCloud mail with two-factor authentication Using Outlook 7
Steshelter ICloud Unexpected Error Using Outlook 5
G Icloud Contacts With Outlook Issue Using Outlook 4