iCloud add in problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanBlacher

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
My iCloud add-in is disabled and will not re-enable itself when I try to check the relevant box in Manage COM add-ins. Error message 1) says it was disabled by the user after a Data Execution Prevention failure and 2) (on the manage screen) The add-in is enabled by your system administrator but disabled because it prevented Outlook from functioning correctly.

I am using Win 10 and office 365. iCloud is not listed in 'slow and disabled' add-ins list.

Diane Poremsky was hugely helpful resolved a similar, but slightly different, problem for me some months ago now....I have tried what she suggested, and what worked last time, editing the HKEY to 3 but it does not cause the add-in to load. I've also run the slipstick option to alter the registry but that too doesn't seem to have worked this time.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing iCloud but the problem has continued.

I'd really appreciate some help!!!

1) says it was disabled by the user after a Data Execution Prevention failure and 2) (on the manage screen) The add-in is enabled by your system administrator but disabled because it prevented Outlook from functioning correctly.
That means it there is a serious error - the key will prevent outlook from disabling it for loading slow and minor crashes, but not for ones that prevent outlook from loading.

Which iCloud are you using - the apple download or the one from the Microsoft store?

Try this: Sign out of iCloud, uninstall it. Repair office, reinstall iCloud.

Hi Diane, I am so pleased this has reached you personally - having had the benefit of your input before, I have a strong sense that if you can't sort it, no-one can!
1) I am using iCloud v12.0 and I'm pretty sure its from apple I had no idea they might be different. If I proceed, which one should I use?
2) I can easily uninstall iCloud and then reinstall it but can you please tell me what I do to repair office. I am not by any means technically skilled.
3) Is there a paid option i.e. is it something you could do remotely for a fee? Forgive me if I am going beyond proper boundaries in asking. Aside from the cost, my only other concern is whether you can gain access to my pc.
Regds Allan

Hi Diane, I hope you might see the message I posted above following your earlier response. I do look forward to hearing from you.
Regds. Allan

1) I am using iCloud v12.0
It is from apple, but distributed through the windows app store.
There is a download from apple, ostensively for older versions of Windows. It works with Win 10 too. It's version 7.xx

what I do to repair office
To repair your Office installation, right click on the start menu and choose Apps & Features, find and select the Office installation. Choose Modify then select the Quick repair option. Use the Quick Repair option first as it will fix many things and complete fairly quickly.

If it doesn't help, use the Online Repair option to uninstall Office and reinstall Office. It will not delete your existing Office settings or your Outlook profile and data files.

When you uninstall iCloud you need to sign out of iCloud first, so it removes the iCloud data files from outlook.

Is there a paid option i.e. is it something you could do remotely for a fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
Mark Klaassen HOw to keep Outlook iCloud add-in enabled Using Outlook 4
A iCloud add-on for Outlook: Reminder for new appointment is set to 'None' by default. How to change? Using Outlook 6
V Outlook 2013 - iCloud add-in creates issues Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 does not start with Apple iCloud-Add-In activated Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
C reminders not synced by CodeTwo Sync for iCloud Using Outlook 2
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
B iCloud telling me my Outlook is not supported Using Outlook 2
KeithJB iCloud calendar sync only works one way! Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2021 Outlook-2021 (64-bit) and iCloud-for-Windows v13.0 - It Works Good. Using Outlook 12
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 5
V Outlook 2016 Outlook-2016 and iCloud for Windows - Problems Using Outlook 11
B iCloud for Windows 11.2 disconnects by itself after 30-45 minutes Using Outlook 9
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
G icloud pictures not showing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
jChambler iCloud folders in Outlook are not the same as on iCloud Using Outlook 6
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
P Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
Gary Hile Icloud addin for outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
Commodore iCloud mail with two-factor authentication Using Outlook 7
Steshelter ICloud Unexpected Error Using Outlook 5
G Icloud Contacts With Outlook Issue Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2013 changing iCloud reminder time? Using Outlook 0
F want inbox on toolbar to reference icloud messages Using Outlook 2
V iCloud Calendar invitations not sending Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Need iCloud mail only Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky iCloud, Outlook 2016, and Windows 10 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky iCloud and Outlook Problems: Syncing Calendar Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook and iCloud Sync Issues Using Outlook 0
M icloud removed my contacts Using Outlook 7
H Can't connect to icloud Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy Using Outlook 1
V iCloud problem Using Outlook 9