Outlook 2013 not syncing changes to outlook.com account calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSlow2GoFast

I have Outlook 2013 on the desktop, and an office.com account setup in it (not the primary account though) and configure to use Exchange ActiveSync.

If I select the outlook.com calendar in Outlook 2013, and add an event, it never gets sent up to outlook.com. Any thoughts on what I could be missing, or check?

I did a few tests, and other "directions" seem to sync:

If I add an event on the calendar on the web in outlook.com, it shows up in Outlook 2013 in the outlook.com account calendar.

I have an iPad also linked to the outlook.com account, and if I add a calendar item on the iPad for that account, it shows up on the web in outlook.com, and then shows up in Outlook 2013 in that accounts calendar.

It's just the sending of updates to the calendar in Outlook 2013 that doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts?

~bill

There are issues syncing the calendar with Outlook. Sometimes you can force a sync by adding a category but meetings often won't sync at all.

EAS is a really bad protocol for a rich client like outlook - it works great for lightweight clients like found on devices though.

Yikes, that's pretty sad. I guess I'll look at some other cloud service for a shared calendar, too bad, seems like Microsoft should have had the best shot at working with other Microsoft products, but oh well.

Thanks for the reply,
~bill

They are working on fixing it but I don't have an ETA beyond "6 - 18 months". I'm expecting it might be closer to the 6 month side...

Diane,

I am using Outlook 2013 and have set up the following two accounts:

(1) My Standard email account (using our own Domain) as an IMAP account

(2) An Microsoft account as an Exchange Active Sync account (using the same email address as my email account) for synchronisation of my contacts and calendar.

Everything works fine with one exception: If I accept invitations from somebody which is send to my email account the appointment will show up in my Outlook calendar (which is under the Micrsosoft account) but it will not show up if I go to Outlook.com and check the calendar of my Microsoft account (and with that, it will not be synchronised with other devices).

This is strange because my Outlook only shows one calendar (under my Microsoft account) and everything is in this calendar. And there is no calendar under my email account.

It would be great if you could help.

Wolfgang

It's not syncing up - that is a known issue. At this time, the only solution is to copy and paste it as an appointment (which is much harder to do in this version. :() You used to be able to select, copy and paste. Now you need to right click, drag to another date or time, Say yes to the dialog about updates and choose copy. Then drag it back to the correct time.

Hi there! I have the opposite issue. I just set up a new Outlook 2013 on a windows 8.1 computer. I have my main account as an IMAP (Comcast) and a Hotmail.com (outlook.com) account for calendar and contacts. 1. I have all of my calendar in outlook.com but none of it will sync to Outlook 2013 so my calendar is empty. How can I force sync to import what I have on my calendar currently? 2. when I put an appointment on my phone (windows 8) is shows up in outlook.com and but not Outlook 2013. 3. If I put an appointment on outlook.com, it shows up on my phone but not my Outlook 2013

There are issues syncing the calendar with Outlook. Sometimes you can force a sync by adding a category but meetings often won't sync at all.

EAS is a really bad protocol for a rich client like outlook - it works great for lightweight clients like found on devices though.

Wait... what? Outlook 2013 doesn't sync reliably with Outlook.com/EAS? Isn't that just a *bit* counterintuitive? I spent a whole bunch of time trying to figure out why some newly accepted meeting invitations would appear in the Outlook 2013 desktop app but not on the Outlook.com online calendar, and the solution turns out to be... it flat doesn't work. Well, at least I can stop looking for a fix. <sigh>

Yikes, that's pretty sad. I guess I'll look at some other cloud service for a shared calendar, too bad, seems like Microsoft should have had the best shot at working with other Microsoft products, but oh well.

Thanks for the reply,
~bill
Bill-

For what it's worth, I've had good luck with using iCloud as the central calendar repository. It will obviously sync with your iPad, and -- amazingly -- it seems to work better with Outlook 2013 than outlook.com will. Just my $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.