Outlook 2013 , iCloud linked calendar, events one hour ahead for about a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

ED ACH

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I saw this post on an Apple forum researching my problem - it is exactly my issue and the time it has been a problem and the location (Perth, WA) are the same for me - HELP. When I create an event on my iPhone it shows on my Outlook calendars, which are iCloud based, one hour ahead. When I create an event in one these same calendars in Outlook, it shows up on the iPhone at the right time, so I am thinking it is Outlook not Apple.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5581536

"I am running Outlook 2013 & only using the Icloud calendar in Outlook. All my appointments that I have sceduled in my iphone calendar in Icloud appear in Outlook 1 hour later eg 7:00pm in Icloud is showing 8:00pm in Outlooks Icloud Calendar, Also in the personal calender of Outlook. All my Icloud account settings are correct. My calender settings in Outlook is correct. My time on my computer is correct & we have no daylight saving in Perth Western Australia. As much as I don't need to look on my computer as much as my Iphone 5S, I want it to match. Pleeaase help. As far as I know this is new (about 3 weeks) as I haven't notice this before."

Re: Outlook 2013 , iCloud linked calendar, events one hour ahead for about a m

Does the iphone pick up the time zone from the carrier or is it manually set? Was there a recent (last 2 yrs or so) change to DST in west perth tz?

When does the time change in your tz? About 3 weeks ago?

Log into iCloud.com and view the calendar. Under your name at the top right is Options - make sure the time zone is correct.

Dianne, my response to your queries:

Does the iphone pick up the time zone from the carrier or is it manually set? -
I have tried both neither makes a difference

Was there a recent (last 2 yrs or so) change to DST in west perth tz? -
there is no DST in Perth, WA -

When does the time change in your tz? About 3 weeks ago? about three weeks ago it changed in most of the rest of Australia and this is when the problems started - that is why I think it is my laptop Outlook settings somehow, it seemed to think I was in Sydney after the Windows 8.1 update which i installed against my better judgement around the same time!

Log into iCloud.com and view the calendar. Under your name at the top right is Options - make sure the time zone is correct - yes I have done all this and again it doesn't help.

Here is the weird thing - if I set an event on my iPhone it shows up on the iCLoud calendar in Outlook as one hour ahead - if I set it in the iCLoud calendar on Outlook it appears in the right spot on the iPhone - so it is a one way problem - what is even more weird - in the first case - if I drag the incorrect time back to the right time in the iCLoud calendar on Outlook, it still stays put in the right spot on the iPhone!! Again - Im convicned my laptop settings or the Windows 8.1 update somehow has reset the laptop to Eastern STates AUstralia time which is on DST - Ive checked all the obvious places in Control Panel (Date, Time. Clock) and everything looks OK!!

The weirdness, where its correct if you create it in outlook but not if you create it on the iPhone, made me think its the server. There have been issues with iPhones and outlook appointments for years, but most are clearly the wrong time zone setting on the phone.

What i think might be happening: apple identifies the time zone name differently than windows and when it gets an appt from outlook, it can properly set the time but when outlook gets one from iPhone, its gets the time zone wrong. I'm not sure that explains why moving an appt in outlook doesn't move it on the phone though. I'll have to steal my ipad from my daughter and see if i can repro and test my theory. (I might be able to do it using iCloud.com - which will make her happy. :))

I can repro it with just the online calendar. I'll see what Microsoft has to say about it. I know its been a problem with perth tz for some reason.

I knew there was something about perth and DST - the dst trial. I think DST was baked into win7, or hotfixed in, but shouldn't be in win 8 (I'm using win8.1)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974176/

The time zone keys are at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\W. Australia Standard Time\ - they look normal to me - the dst key shows dst ended in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.